Episode 084 | Tattoos, Nose Rings & Funky Colored Hair
Air Date: August 22, 2022
Episode Description: When you say “no” to current fashion trends, are you being accused of being legalistic and controlling? Are you looking for ways to set standards that you believe are best without provoking anger in your teenager? Join Ginger Hubbard and Katy Morgan as they discuss the importance of keeping an eternal perspective as we navigate the parental challenges of the teenage years.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Recap of tips discussed:
- Don’t overreact. Calmly tell them you need a little time before discussing it--and be aware that it could just be a fleeting thought.
- Ask yourself why you feel the way you do about it. And pray about it.
- Once you’re all prayed up and calm, ask the questions we talked about earlier to help them evaluate their own heart-motives.
- Respect their opinion even if you don’t agree with them.
- Discuss the reasons for your concerns, which might include health risks, age, future employment and maturity level.
- Ask them to pray that God would give you peace if it’s His Will.
And then finally, show respect for their opinion by letting them know at what age you would be willing to support their decision.
- Quick tip: Heat up water in a microwave-safe dish to clean it
Click the image to go directly to the item
Curriculum from Not Consumed Ministries to go along with the “Christian Heroes: Then and Now” series
Find links to anything mentioned in Episode 84 and all of the other products we’ve talked about on the podcast on my Amazon Storefront
Enter the code PARENTING at checkout for 10% off Ginger’s Wise Words for Moms chart bundle deal
SCRIPTURE REFERENCED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Follow Ginger on Instagram | Facebook
- Follow Katy here: Instagram
- Submit parenting questions here: Ask Ginger
- Submit quick tips here: Quick Tips
- Subscribe to Ginger’s newsletter here: Subscribe
SUPPORT THIS PODCAST:
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR!
- BJU Press Homeschool | bjupresshomeschool.com