Episode 036 | How to Lead Your Child to Christ, Part 2
Air Date: September 27, 2021
Episode Description: Is your ultimate goal in parenting to lead your children to Jesus, but you aren’t sure how to do that? Do you struggle with having natural conversations with your kids about God without sounding preachy or awkward? Join Ginger Hubbard and Katy Morgan for part 2 of their discussion on the importance of being discerning and cautious as we lead our children to Christ.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Asking questions that require more than a ‘yes’ or ‘no' answer is a great way to evaluate where kids really are in their understanding of the things of God. So we want to ask questions like, “How do you know God loves you?” and “Why do you need a Savior?” and “What has God done about your sin?”
- Some of the signs we can look for that will indicate that your child’s heart is filled with the Holy Spirit rather than going through the religious motions:
- Does he try to apply God’s Word to his life?
- Does he desire to obey you (his parents) more than before?
- Does he seem hungry to know Jesus?
- Does he receive correction and instruction with humility?
- Does he have a strong interest in pleasing God?
- Does he seem to genuinely love Jesus?
In other words, do you see a difference in him?
- Quick Tip: Baking powder in cookies
Click the image to go directly to the item
Enter the code PARENTING at checkout for 10% off Don’t Make Me Count to Three! & Don’t Make Me Count to Three! Companion study guide
Find links to the books mentioned in Episode 36 and all of the other products we’ve talked about on the podcast on my Amazon Storefront
SCRIPTURE REFERENCED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Follow Ginger on Instagram | Facebook
- Follow Katy here: Instagram
- Submit parenting questions here: Ask Ginger
- Submit quick tips here: Quick Tips
- Subscribe to Ginger’s newsletter here: Subscribe
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
- Rainbow Resource Center
- Dwell, 10% off coupon code: GINGER10
- Not Consumed
- Gabb Wireless, $30 off code: GINGER